Thursday, March 26, 2015

בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה' שֶׁהֶחֱיָנוּ וְקִיְּמָנוּ וְהִגִיעָנוּ לַזְּמַן הַזֶּה

I have finished preparing the 160 Perakim of the "Minhag Kadum", of 160 words each, on average. I scheduled them to appear on Sunday mornings. The only exceptions are the Perakim 157-160, which will appear in the course of the week before Nissan 1, 5778, as this is a normal, short, instance of "three years," of 37 months. In the case of an instance of 38 months, the Perakim 157-160 are to be used in the extra month. Of course, after Perek 160, Perek 1 is read, in the week before Nissan 1, starting the new cycle.

Preparing the 160 Perakim gave me a chance to validate the decisions I made, comparing them with Richard Elliott Friedman's latest book; an experience which left me very happy.

בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה' אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם, שֶׁהֶחֱיָנוּ וְקִיְּמָנוּ וְהִגִיעָנוּ לַזְּמַן הַזֶּה