Thursday, May 15, 2014

Zerubavel

When did the priestly revolution happen? Between Zerubavel and Ezra, it happened. Two branches existed at the time of Zerubavel, the kingdom for Zerubavel and the (high) priesthood for Yehoshua. And we read:

"'On that day,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'I will take you, my servant Zerubavel son of Shealtiel,' declares the LORD, 'and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,' declares the LORD Almighty." (Chagai 2:23)

However, after that the branch of priesthood, Ezra, took all the power, and prophecy was halted. One goes up if the other goes down. And the crack has been heard, the crack in the branch of Ezra. A crack to make place for the other branch, for David, for Zerubavel.

And there shall come forth a shoot out of the stock of Jesse, and a twig shall grow forth out of his roots. (Yeshaya 11:1)